2. Don’t be too fast with criticism. Wait until you calm down.
3. Don’t wait with feedback to next performance review. That would be too late.
4. Be team’s advocate in front of your supervisors. And vice versa.
5. Let people find consensus instead of telling them what to do. Whenever possible.
6. Enter when you see a conflict. Be fair no matter who is engaged.
7. Be open, honest and straightforward. More often.
8. Listen to the team. They have good ideas.
9. Let people be accountable. Whenever they can.
10. Don’t be afraid to make bold decisions. They pay off.
11. Make though decisions when you believe they’re right. They’ll backfire when not made.
12. Don’t panic in any situation. People count on you.
13. Take the responsibility for the team’s work. Their mistakes are yours.
14. Find the time for your people. Whenever they need it.
15. Cultivate teamwork and team chemistry. Individuals and their interests can destroy both.